How to get a cannabis cultivation license?
We carefully go over your site plans, records, security systems, source material, good production practices and standard operating procedures. Incorporating all your facilities analytics, equipment specifications, HVAC systems and much more.
Our attorneys will be advising on the applicable law, reviewing the application materials for conformity with the Regulations, submitting the materials and applying for security clearances.
Scope of our legal advice
- Canada Revenue Agency requirements under the Excise Act (federal)
- Food and Drugs Act requirements (federal)
- Pest Control Products Act requirements (federal)
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act requirements (federal)
- Tobacco and Vaping Products Act requirements (federal)
- Fertilizers Act requirements (federal)
- Provincial requirements
- Municipal requirements
Why our services
Professionally engineered cannabis systems
Years of experience
For over 2 decades we are offering expert cannabis consulting, latest automated growing technology and first-class service.
We offer a wide range of cannabis automated systems, easy custom-built designs and DIY instructions.
Team of professionals
We offer on-demand customer support, monthly programs and expertise from licensed engineers.
Licensing services provided by 4trees
- Standard operating procedures
- HVAC systems
- Security systems
- Strain(s) & source material(s)
- Staff records
- System & environmental automations
- Grow systems
- Energy and water consumptions
Conditions for Medical Inadmissibility
- Issuing a licence is likely to create a risk to public health or public safety including the risk of diversion.
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that false or misleading information has been submitted.
- The applicant has contravened the Cannabis Act, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the FDA or any associated regulations, including an order or a condition of another licence under any of those Acts in the past 10 years.
- An applicant for a processing licence has been convicted of an offence under the Safe Food for Canadians Act, Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act, Fish Inspection Act, Meat Inspection Act or Canada Agricultural Products Act, in the past 10 years.
- The applicant is a young person (as defined in the Cannabis Act), an individual who is not ordinarily resident in Canada or an organization that was incorporated, formed or otherwise organized outside of Canada.
- A security clearance associated with the application has been refused or cancelled.
- An individual who is required to hold a security clearance does not hold one.
- The combination of classes or subclasses of licences proposed at the same site is not permitted.
- The Minister is of the opinion that the refusal is in the public interest.
Applicable additional licensing fees
- Micro-cultivation application screening fee: $1,638
- Security clearance fee: $1,654 per security clearance application (there will probably be at least 3; need a responsible person, head of security, and master grower, so total is likely at least $4,962 but could be more)
- Import/export fee: $610 (if applicable)
- Annual regulatory fee: $2,500
- Total fees (assuming 3 security clearances and no import/export): $9,100
These fees will be included in your overall licensing cost, please ask your 4trees representative for your total price.
* Cost is an estimated cost and is subject to change
Hear from our clients
“Currently working together with Dan at 4 Trees helping provide complete cutting edge grow solutions for clients. In light of strict regulation, we only endorse the services of those we feel are well up to the task.”
via Google Review
"Dan and his team is purely magical that helped a person like me that has zero growing experience. He walked me through every details patiently until I understood the whole process from preparing to growing, literally the whole A to Z!"
via Google Review
“I cannot recommend Dan more, he has gone above and beyond and brings an extraordinary amount of knowledge to the table. 4trees dials in every aspect of cultivation and covers all the bases. true pleasure to work with.”
via Google Review